Is your house perfect for you, but your kitchen isn’t? MainStreet Design Build believes in working closely with our clients, upholding our promise to preserve your dreams, work within your budget and see your kitchen remodel project through to completion. That is why we developed a unique three-phased approach to our kitchen design process:
We begin by listening to your needs and documenting all existing conditions. You are then presented with conceptual floor plan drawings, and we work with you to create a realistic budget for your project.
What You Can Expect:
- MainStreet Design Build will acquire all necessary information pertaining to the building codes for the City or Township where the work will be performed.
- Perform on-site field measurements of existing conditions.
- The Design team will photograph the interior “affected areas” of the existing home.
- Prepare “as-built” floor plan drawings of the affected areas of the home (As-built drawings are design drawings that document the dimensions and existing conditions of the home where no accurate plans currently exist).
- Produce “rough” conceptual drawings of the proposed spaces. For this “Discovery Phase”, these drawings will consist of floor plans only. The sole purpose of these sketches are to determine the size, scope and budget range of the proposed kitchen remodel project.
- Perform a “pre-estimate” on the kitchen remodel project, based on the conceptual drawings to date. This rough estimate is not a final project estimate. It will only be used to determine a project budget range for the “Detailed Design Phase” of this agreement.
Phase II—Detailed Design
From those conceptual floor plan drawings, you receive detailed three-dimensional renderings. Then, we work with you to establish realistic material allowances and provide you with a complete cost estimate for your project.
What You Can Expect:
- You will meet with our NKBA-Certified Kitchen Designer to assist with cabinetry design and layout, cabinetry style and finishes, countertop materials, plumbing fixtures, appliances, floor coverings, backsplash materials, lighting design and more.
- Review detailed kitchen remodel design drawings that clearly and accurately represent our ideas for your proposed construction project. All drawings will be to scale and proportion, but will not be usable as working construction drawings. The design drawings include floor plans and kitchen elevations and a conceptual 3-D modeling of the kitchen.
- Review a detailed cost estimate of the proposed construction project.
Phase III—Construction Documentation
This final phase takes place once we have entered into a construction agreement. We start by creating a construction schedule, then proceed with full working permit drawings. You then have the benefit of working closely with us to make your final material selections.
What You Can Expect:
- Together we will review and approve a detailed kitchen remodeling agreement.
- Work hand-in-hand with our NKBA Certified Kitchen Designer to assist you in the final selection of the products that will be used in your kitchen.
- Introduce you to MainStreet’s web-based client portal, which facilitates open communication about the details of your project.
- Produce the final drawing sets which are necessary to secure city permits, material quantity ordering, cabinet fabrication, and final construction of the project.
For inspiration and ideas on how to create your dream kitchen, visit our photo gallery.
To get a better idea of which kitchen remodeling typed best suits your needs (and budget), be sure to read this insightful article on the three types of kitchen remodels (basic, mid to upper-range, and deluxe) and how much they cost.
Or, schedule a free, in-home or virtual appointment with a MainStreet certified kitchen designer.
MainStreet’s quality of work was excellent and its employees were very knowledgeable, courteous, and professional.
It’s an amazing company. Very professional. They always listen and make sure home owners are happy with the final result. The quality of their work is outstanding. My project manager Jonh M. was always there to listen and help. He always kept us informed of every step and made sure subcontractors were doing their best. My Designer Amy is amazing. She understood what we wanted from day 1 and always made sure we were happy with every selection. Very knowledgeable.
Christopher provided the vision and helped execute the plan. He was so helpful guiding me in all selections and making sure we stuck to our plan. My kitchen refresh is everything and more. My kitchen now looks like it belongs in my home and really is a “wow” feature. I just love, love, love the way it came out!
“MainStreet has been very easy to work with. All dealings have been handled in a very professional manner and we have always had the feeling that they are working for us. Their workmen are quite skilled and the subcontractors all do quality work. We get the feeling that they are concerned about doing the job right. We will use them again and highly recommend them to others. Their work is something we proudly show off to others and often get nice unsolicited comments from others. You can not go wrong with MainStreet Design Build. As you can tell, we are happy we chose them for our project.”
“I just wanted to let you know that even though summer is almost over we still get compliments on the work you did on our front porch. We are sitting on the porch now and we always have people walking by on their way to the beach…..we are constantly told how beautiful our house looks. Thank you for everything and please pass this along to Kyle and everyone else.”
They simply put – deliver. Projects are well designed and delivered. Good advice is given and they are very open to new ideas. We have gotten many compliments on our finished projects from friends, and best of all, we are pleased.
We love where we live – but we needed to add more space for our growing family. We were impressed with Steve’s design suggestions for better use of space and enhancements to our plans. They really do focus on quality and integrity in every aspect of their work.
Just a note to commend you on a job well done. We now have our dream kitchen! Your crew was great to work with. They were professional, trustworthy and hard working.
“We hired Main Street Design Build for our laundry room and kitchen remodel. Like most people, we were nervous to take on such a large project, but after our first meeting with Steve, our nerves were put to rest. The entire staff exceeded our expectations at every stage of our project. The attention to detail, beautiful design options and finishes and level of communication that they offer is unique. It was an A+ experience from the office staff/designers/skilled trades and of course, our amazing project manager who made everything run smooth, on schedule, and on budget. We now have a beautiful kitchen and laundry room that we love to show off – and everyone who has seen it is equally impressed (and a little jealous). We can’t wait for our next project.”
“This is the third kitchen remodel that we have done in our 52 years of marriage and this was by far our best experience. Main Street is a team of professionals, each with expertise in their field, who guided us along. Everyone was always organized and knowledgeable. The carpentry workmanship was exceptional and any issue was immediately addressed by the project manager and solved. They said they wanted to make us happy and they did!”
Ready to talk to someone about your ideas? Simply call or fill out our online form and we’ll be in touch!
MainStreet Design Build
555 South Old Woodward
Birmingham, MI 48009
M thru F, 9AM to 5PM