Residential Architectural Designer
MainStreet Design Build has an immediate opening for a dynamic, Residential Architectural Designer with experience in all phases of residential remodeling. The Architectural Designer will be responsible for space planning, concept design development, documentation and coordination of working drawings from concept through completion.
Successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Creative eye with critical ability for the details,
- Highly proficient in Sketch Up & AutoCAD,
- Organized with an ability to prioritize and meet specific deadlines,
- Ability to take a design from concept to completion and prepare presentation drawings,
- Excellent knowledge of residential building products, including custom cabinetry, fixtures and finishes,
- Basic understanding of local building codes,
- Strong work ethic and drive to take ownership of ideas through the final details,
- Multitasking details and projects with minimal error,
- Confidently take initiative and responsibility of assigned projects,
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and face to face,
- Enjoy a fast-moving environment with differentiation from job to job,
- Creative problem solver with the ability manage high information load,
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite,
- Professional Image aligned with firm.
What we offer in return for your amazing creativity and drive:
- Full time position Monday – Friday,
- Salary commensurate with experience,
- Paid Holidays and Vacation,
- Full Medical Coverage,
- Convenient garage deck parking,
- 4 year BS/BA Degree in Interior Design or Architecture,
- 3+ years Industry related experience,
- NKBA certification a plus,
Job Type: Full-time
- industry related: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
If you would like to belong to the MainStreet family and apply for this Birmingham residential architectural designer position, please email a cover letter, resume and work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. Principals only. No recruiters.