Bringing New Life to Your Home’s Lower Level
MainStreet Design Build Basement Remodeling Project – Rendering of the Bar Area
Have you considered finishing your basement? You’re not alone: many Detroit-area homeowners are opting to make use of this valuable space in their homes, bringing new life to their lower levels with well-planned remodeling projects.
MainStreet is currently finishing a walk-out lower level space in a lake front home for homeowners looking for a comfortable, appealing and year-round entertaining space. Along with the homeowners, we’ve had a lot of fun working on this project. Perhaps remodeling a basement takes us back to our youth when we spent time “hanging out” downstairs in our family home or at a friend’s home.
Finished basements give adults and kids a place to retreat from the world and enjoy a little relaxation, sports TV or a good game of pool; this project includes wonderful specialty items and features, which energize and enhance the space.
The specialty items include:
- Full, walk-in wet bar/kitchen area with beverage refrigerator, dishwasher, sink, decorative storage and raised seating area around the perimeter
- Large flat screen TV in the bar that can be viewed while sitting or standing
- Entertainment area with an additional flat screen for relaxed viewing, which can also be seen from the pool table area
- Open staircase into the basement, creating an inviting environment
- Decorative wine room
- A full bathroom with steam shower
- A large, enclosed area for organized storage
The specialty features include:
- Custom stained concrete floor
- Multi-tiered U-shaped bar top with six centimeter granite edging
- Significant use of LED lighting to highlight the bar, entertainment and wine areas
- Custom ¼ sawn oak framing around the bar area
We’re excited to be working with the homeowners on this basement renovation and look forward to upcoming basement remodels with area homeowners. If you have questions regarding a lower level remodel you’re considering, contact us today.
Wishing you the best remodeling,
MainStreet Design Build
Office: (248) 644-6330